LEGACY MEMOIRS AND ETHICAL WILLS
Let people know you were here
What is the meaning of life? That was all; a simple question — one that tended to close in on one with years. The great revelation had never come. The great revelation perhaps never did come. Instead there were little daily miracles, illuminations, matches struck unexpectedly in the dark.
One of the biggest regrets I hear from people after they lose a loved one is that those stories that they heard throughout their life were not written down so that can be passed on. As a twelve-time published author and produced screenwriter, I am a storyteller. I believe that everyone has a story that needs to be told, and I have decades of experience telling them. By interviewing you at length either in person or via Zoom, I intuitively know what questions to ask to give your story the structure and pacing to make it a coherent and poignant narrative. I am able to pick up your voice so that it sounds as if it's coming from you, after which I will present it in multiple copies of a beautiful hardcover book. This allows you to say you were here—in this family; in this community; in this world—not just for your own peace of mind, but as a cherished gift for your friends and family for generations to come.
Whether you are terminally ill; your parents are aging; or you just want to gift your loved ones with a written document of your lives together, I am here to do that. You don't have to wait until the end to tell your story now. In addition, I am available to write histories of organizations and businesses. If you have already written your story yourself or want to, I am available to provide editing services to help you shape it.
STEP 1: Interviewing You
My 30 plus years as a storyteller—first as a Hollywood executive who developed and wrote hundreds of scripts based on true stories; followed by my years as a prolific novelist, ghostwriter, screenwriter and teacher--has perfected my skill to craft an engaging, well-paced story.
Over the course of at least 7 one-hour interviews, I will:
• work closely with you to determine the most important elements for your story;
• help you choose the most compelling narratives and themes to explore;
• ask pertinent questions to flesh out the most important details and develop a strong outline of your life story.
• record our sessions and transcribe them
STEP 2: Developing an outline
• organize the information from you into a logical and coherent order;
• select the most interesting and relevant anecdotes to make your narrative shine;
• present a comprehensive outline for your approval before beginning the writing process.
STEP 3: Writing/Editing
• leverage my 30 plus years of experience as a professional writer and storyteller to tell your story in the most professional manner;
• contact you with any questions I have for clarification;
• meticulously review your manuscript, providing careful, thoughtful edits that address clarity and flow;
• clear the manuscript of typos and grammatical errors.
STEP 4: Finished product
• present you with 10 beautiful hardback books that, in addition to your written story, include up to 15 pages of images of your choice.
I can also write your ethical will, which is a personal versus legal document that communicates your values and life lessons to your family.
Pricing available upon request.